Transfer Fees and Policies
Our transfer policies have changed effective 01/10/2017
Tyler Firearms will help you take possession of a new or used firearm or suppressor as quickly and easily as possible, even if you don't purchase it from us. Our transfers are done whenever our retail store is open for business - no appointment is necessary. We will help you complete all the necessary paperwork and conduct whatever background checks are required by law.
NOTE: This page is our official transfer price list. We will not honor any other websites' transfer fees.
- If a transfer firearm (bought from somewhere else) is left untransferred for greater than thirty (30) days with no contact from you, it will become the property of Tyler Firearms, LLC.
- For those that need the Maryland Handgun Qualification License training course, we can help there, too. See our Firearms Training website for more details.
- If you decide to return your transfer gun prior to taking possession of it, there is a $40 fee plus any applicable shipping charges to return the gun to the seller.
- There is a $50 fee for background check denials. If you think you are prohibited from owning firearms, check with an attorney or conduct your own background check prior to purchasing a firearm online. If you do not pass the background check, the gun will be returned to the seller who will most likely charge you anywhere from a 10%-25% restocking fee.
TRANSFER FEES (per gun):
- Long guns (non-regulated rifles and shotguns): $55.00
- MDS or NRA Members: $45.00
- Law Enforcement / Military / Firefighters / EMS: $35.00
- Used long guns or C&R: $25.00
- Regulated firearms (including regulated lowers and handguns): $55.00 + $10 MSP fee
- MDS or NRA Members: $45.00 + $10 MSP fee
- Law Enforcement / Military / Firefighters / EMS: $35.00 + $10 MSP fee
- Used regulated firearms or C&R handguns: $25.00 + $10 MSP fee
- Suppressors: $130.00
- MDS or NRA Members: $120.00
- Law Enforcement / Military / Firefighters / EMS: $110.00
- Used Suppressors: $95.00